The Online Statistical Consulting (OSC) website offers statistical consultation services to support students and faculty undertaking clinical and non-clinical research.
Our goals are to enhance the quality of research and educational experiences, and encourage good statistical practice amongst researchers.
We offer services for every step of a project, regardless of how large or small, helping with more than statistical analysis. We specialize in such diverse functions as problem formulation, experimental design and sample-size determination, selection of statistical models, advice on statistical modeling, help with interpreting output, advice on choice of statistical software, programming assistance with statistical analysis, explanation of statistical content of papers in your discipline, paragraphs on statistical methods for grant proposals, writing the results section, and help with reviewers’ comments and resubmissions.
Here is the above in the form of a list:
- Problem formulation
- Experimental design and sample-size determination
- Selection of statistical models
- Advice on statistical modeling
- Help with interpreting output
- Advice on choice of statistical software
- Programming assistance with statistical analysis
- Explanation of statistical content of papers in your discipline
- Paragraphs on statistical methods for grant proposals
- Writing the results section
- Help with reviewers’ comments and resubmissions
Note: Those interested in analysis of their data must provide the following when sending Online Statistical Consulting their email request:
- The data stored in Excel/SPSS/SAS database
- When available, the survey/Questionnaire of the study
- Objectives or the proposal of the study
Online Statistical Consulting support includes assistance with:
Grant Proposal Preparation
- Study design section
- Power Analysis/Sample Size Determination section
- Sampling technique section
- Data collection section
- Choice of Appropriate Statistical Methods/ Analyses plan section
- Analyze data and organize the findings in Tables and Figures
- Write Results section
- Address reviewers’ comments and resubmissions
Dissertation/ Theses Preparation
While the dissertation has an Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion, we will provide guidelines and advice on the Methods and Results sections.
We welcome invitations to educate a wide range of clients in academic and non-academic institutions in the use of the following statistical packages: